OH CHEESE HEAVEN! Oh so bad for my diet!
Enter... White Cheese Chicken Lasagna! I hate traditional lasagna so I was a little skeptical at making this but it looked SO good that I couldn't resist.
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 (10 oz) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and rinse with cold water.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic in the butter until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in the flour and salt, and simmer until bubbly. Mix in the broth and milk to a boil stirring constantly for 1 minute. Stir in 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Season with basil, oregano and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spread 1/3 of the sauce mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer with 3 of the noodles, the ricotta and the chicken. Arrange 3 of the noodles over the chicken and layer with 1/3 of the sauce mixture, spinach and the remaining 2 cups of mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Arrange remaining 3 noodles over cheese and spread remaining sauce evenly over noodles. Sprinkle with parsley and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven.
Top with a glass of heavenly chardonnay and ENJOY!!!