Monday, November 8, 2010

Turkey-Pasta Primavera

I have started to experiment with various crock pot recipes and this is one of the first I tested. It was quick to assemble as it has just five ingredients. The cook time is 4 hours on low or 2 hours on high. I'll definitely make this again as it tasted delicious. I had the leftovers for lunch the next day and they were just as good reheated. I think I could've added more vegetables, but that is probably the only thing I would have changed.
I served with tostones (fried plantains)
Recipe courtesy of 5-ingredient slow cooking.
2 lb turkey breast tenderloins or boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 16-oz. package frozen sugar snap stir-fry vegetables
2 tsp. dried basil, oregano, or Italian seasoning, crushed
1 16-oz. jar Alfredo pasta sauce
12 oz. dried spaghetti or linguine, broken (I used whole wheat pasta)
Shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)

1. Cut turkey into 1-inch pieces. In a 4 1/2-6 quart slow cooker combine turkey and frozen vegetables. Sprinkle with dried herb. Stir in Alfredo pasta sauce.

2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.

3. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Stir cooked pasta into turkey mixture in slow cooker. To serve, spoon pasta mixture onto dinner plates. If desired sprinkle with parmesan cheese.Per serving: 407 calories, 11g total fat, 103mg cholesterol, 447mg sodium, 39g carb, 2g fiber

Happy Cooking!
Yankee Doodle

No comments:

Post a Comment