Monday, November 8, 2010

Easy Crock-pot Chili

First a little about me:

I am not an expert in the kitchen. I like to think I'm adventurous, but I'm not. In fact, I usually only try recipes that have 5 ingredients or less. Ten ingredients is stretching it. On top of that, I am a working mom of a beautiful little girl. I want dinner to be quick, easy and (most importantly!) edible.

Many of my recipes will be diary-free. Since my daughter is currently allergy to cow's milk protein (crossing my fingers she grows out of it very soon!), I avoid diary, except for the occasional piece of chocolate. I hope she can forgive me for that. That said, most recipes I use will have a diary-full variation, since my husband can't fathom a dinner without cheese.

So here we go...

Easy Crock-pot Chili

Serves 8-10

Ingredients:

2 lb ground beef (I used 90/10)
2 medium onions - chopped
2 14 oz cans of diced tomatoes
1 15 oz can of dark kidney beans
1 15 oz can of pinto beans
2 packages of McCormick Slow Cookers Chili Seasoning
I bag frozen corn (optional)
Shredded Cheddar for topping (optional)
Sour Cream for topping (optional)

Directions:

Brown hamburger with onions; drain fat. Combine cooked hamburger, tomatoes, beans, corn and seasoning packets in slow cooker. Cook covered on low for 6-8 hours. Reduce heat to low and let simmer until ready to serve.

Serve with cheddar cheese and sour cream, if desired.

I totally forgot to add my corn this time...darn! But it still tasted great without it. This recipe was enough for 4 dinners in our house. I usually serve over a bed of noodles. And of course, I always make some Jiffy cornbread muffins to go with!


Looking forward to more cooking!

~ The Mess Maker

No comments:

Post a Comment