Yum yum yum! I love feta. On just about anything. And lately I've been buying it in a block and slicing/chopping whatever I need for various recipes. It's got much more flavor than the crumbled feta and I'd definitely recommend using the block instead of crumbled. This was our little twist on chicken parmesan. Breaded chicken is pan-fried, then topped with fresh tomato slices, fresh basil and sliced feta and broiled until bubbly.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- oil for pan frying
- 1/2 medium tomato, sliced
- fresh basil
- 1/2 block of feta, sliced
- Coat chicken breasts in breadcrumbs. Discard remaining breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add chicken, frying about 3 minutes per side, until golden brown. Chicken should be about 75% cooked, or about 130 degrees.
- Remove chicken from pan and drain quickly on paper towel. Top with fresh basil leaves, sliced tomato and sliced feta. Broil about 3-4 minutes until cheese is bubbly and brown and chicken registers 160 on a meat thermometer.
- We like to serve it with a side of pasta or fresh steamed veggies.