Monday, November 22, 2010

Banana Blackberry Waffles

So a couple of amazing coincidences made this waffle happen. I have some Hodgeson's Mill Whole Wheat Buttermilk pancake mix at my house. I was trying to be healthy with whole grains, but as you can see in my profile I will be going gluten-free in a few days so I have to get this outta my house! I cannot resist temptation. Also, my first few clients canceled so I have some extra time this morning. Put those things together and out came this delicious breakfast treat!

Ingredients:
3/4 cup Whole wheat pancake mix
1 egg
1/3 cup almond milk (I'm sure you could use real milk if that's what you have)
1 banana

1/2 cup frozen blackberries (or blueberries or other yummy addition)

Put the blackberries in the microwave for about 45 seconds on half power (I hit the "vegetable button" on my microwave and don't know exactly what that does, but either way, unfreeze your blackberries).
Mix together the first ingredients mashing the banana as you go.
Add the blackberries and the juice from de-thawing it. Fold in

Spray the waffle maker with non stick spray and cook until machine stops steaming. Top with butter and agave nectar (or syrup if you'd like) and ENJOY!! Mmmmmmmmm

-Neat -n- Natural



No comments:

Post a Comment