- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- sesame oil for frying
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice, chilled
- 6 large cloves garlic clove, crushed
- Sriracha hot sauce (comes in a big red bottle) or crushed red pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cups frozen bell peppers
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups basil (remove leaves from stem, but don't chop)
- Whisk together the oyster sauce, fish sauce, and sugar in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat until the oil begins to smoke. Add the garlic and serrano peppers (or crushed red pepper), stirring quickly. Stir in the chicken, bell pepper, onion and oyster sauce mixture; cook until the chicken is no longer pink. Raise heat to high and stir in the chilled rice; stir quickly until the sauce is blended with the rice. Use the back of a spoon to break up any rice sticking together.
- Remove from heat and mix in the basil leaves.
Sorry for the lack of a picture. Totally forgot to snap one!
- Pastry Princess