Monday, January 31, 2011

Mini Raspberry Cheesecakes

My team is in charge of "snacks" at work on Wednesday. I'm making some sweets to go with what others are bringing. I saw these on Annie's Eats website and thought they would be perfect.

Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake Cupcakes

Recipe from Annie's Eats.

Yield: 32 cupcakes

Ingredients:

For the crust:

1½ cups graham cracker crumbs

4 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted

3 tbsp. sugar

For the topping:

6 oz. fresh raspberries

2 tbsp. sugar

For the filling:

2 lbs. cream cheese, at room temperature

1½ cups sugar

Pinch of salt

1 tsp. vanilla extract

4 large eggs, at room temperature


Here's how to make them. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Place baking cups into cupcake tins.

In a bowl combine crust ingredients (graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar) and mix with a fork. Spoon 1 tablespoon of mixture into each cup and press down firmly. Bake for about 5 minutes. Let cool before filling.






Make the puree. Place raspberries and sugar in a blender and blend until smooth. Strain mixture to remove seeds. I didn't have a "sieve" or whatever she called it. I just used a wire colander and it worked out okay. I had to press the puree through and it removed most of the seeds.



Make the filling. Beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Add sugar and mix well. Add salt and vanilla. Then add one egg at a time and mix thoroughly until well blended.



To assemble spoon in about 3 tablespoons of the cheesecake mixture. I used my tablespoon I was already using. It worked out okay.




Then place 3 drops of puree on top. I used the 1/4 teaspoon to scoop it out and place on top of the cheesecake.


Now take a toothpick and swirl the raspberry into the cheesecake to make a decorative design. (This was the fun part!)




Bake until the filling is set and rotate about halfway through. I baked them for 22 minutes as she suggested. I'm not sure that was enough for my oven.

Place on cooling racks or you can do a water bath to cool evenly. I tried both and they still started to sink in the middle! I hope they are good because they aren't as pretty as hers! Place in the refrigerator for 4 hours to chill. These pictures were taken before they collapsed!

No comments:

Post a Comment