Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Applesauce!

Let me start by saying my hubby is a little apple crazy?! He eats apples every day like they are going out of style! Well, he went a little overboard at the market last weekend and then accidentally left the apples in the car and they froze. :(

Anyone know what happens to frozen apples after they thaw??? 

MUSH!

So, it was either a pie or applesauce. Neither of us are sweets kinda people but our little guy loves applesauce! 

A lot of our recipe variations start with stuff we find from Allrecipes.com - love that site - so that's where I went to find my applesauce recipe. The recipe that I went off of was Sarah's Applesauce Recipe. I did however halve the sugar because it was for little man so I didn't want him getting too much sugar. I'm glad I did cause it's still pretty sweet.

Enjoy!

Ingredients:
  • 4 apples; peeled, cored, and chopped
  • 3/4 cups water
  • 1/4 cup white sugar (like I said, I halved this)
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Ingredients all ready to simmer!

Directions:
  1. In a saucepan, combine apples, water, sugar, and cinnamon. Cover, and cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until apples are soft. Allow to cool, then mash with a fork or potato masher.  
  2. That's it! :)


No wine pairing obviously this week since it's for my little man but I hope you enjoy! 

Till next time!
~Vino Vixen~

No comments:

Post a Comment