Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Spicy Shrimp and Angel Hair Pasta

This a quick weeknight recipe that I got from Real Simple. The whole thing is done in 15 minutes. If you like a little more heat (like my husband does), feel free to up the red pepper flake, but I thought this was just right. I drank the same wine I used for the sauce with dinner.



Spicy Shrimp with Angel Hair Pasta

12 oz angel hair pasta
1 T. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 lb. peeled deveined shrimp
3/4 c. white wine
1/4 t. crushed red pepper flake
salt
2 T. butter

Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to the pot.

Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute (do not let it brown).

Add the shrimp, wine, red pepper and 1/2 t. salt. Simmer until the shrimp are opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the butter. Toss the pasta with the shrimp mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment