Panera's Cream Cheese Potato Soup
- 4 cups of low fat/low sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups of peeled and cubed red potatoes
- 1/4 cup of minced red onion
- 1/2 tsp of seasoning salt
- 1/4 tsp white or black pepper
- 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (8oz) package of Neufchatel cheese or light cream cheese
- Combine broth, potatoes, onion and spices. Boil on medium-high heat until potatoes are tender.
- Smash a few potatoes to release their starch for thickening.
- Reduce to low heat and slow add cubed cheese. Stir until melted.
- Serve it up while it's hot with any toppings you wish!