Thursday, May 26, 2011

Cupcakes are my favorite!

I threw a baby shower at work for two coworkers. It went great! I made cupcakes and thought I would share.
The actual cake part was just out of the box butter recipe or chocolate fudge. I had to save time as I made 4 batches!
However, the icing is my mom's buttercream icing which I love.
For one batch ingredients:
1 and 1/2 boxes of 10X sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup vegetable shortening (I'm guessing, I eye bawl it. It is like a heaping spoon glob really.)
1/2 cup butter or margarine (Again this is a guess, I use 2 "globs" of tub margarine.)
1-2 tablespoons of milk (eye bawl for the consistency that you want.)

If it is too sweet add a little shortening, if it is too think, add butter or milk. Play with it and keep taking it until it is the sweetness you want. If you get it too runny, then add a little sugar or shortening. It usually tastes good no matter what!

Add color or not.

I use one of the Wilton's cupcake tips to ice them. It makes them pretty and so easy!

Here are the cupcakes I made for the shower!



No comments:

Post a Comment