Have you ever been to the islands?
I've only been once but we went to an authentic luau where they roasted a pig in the ground and it was AH-mazing. Literally.
This recipe is the closest I've had to that since and it's literally the easiest thing ever to cook. Three ingredients?! I found it at Allrecipes.com. Wow. I hope you enjoy!
- 6lb Pork butt roast (also known as a shoulder roast - bone in or out)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Hawaiian sea salt
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- Pierce pork all over with a carving fork. Rub salt then liquid smoke over meat. Place roast in a slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on Low for 16 to 20 hours, turning once during cooking time.
- Remove meat from slow cooker, and shred, adding drippings as needed to moisten.
I do make a few changes to the recipe - as usual! I usually slice a whole yellow onion and throw it in the bottom of the crock, along with some minced garlic.
Oh it's so yummy! My favorite is to have it over a sushi style white rice and a cole slaw on the side. PERFECT! Tonight we had it with a chardonnay, which seems to be my go to wine cause I almost always have it on hand :) My husband isn't a real fan of this style of food so he almost always throws it on a bun with the cole slaw and some BBQ sauce?! Still good I suppose!
Anyway, I hope you enjoy!