Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easy Blueberry Cobbler

I make dessert each week to take to my sister-in-law's house for Sunday dinner. This week, I made my favorite blueberry cobbler, using blueberries that I froze last year. About this time of year, blueberries go on sale frequently here, so I put a bunch in the freezer for later. Sadly, we ate it all before I got a picture.

Easy Blueberry Cobbler

3/4 stick of butter
1 c. sugar
1 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
3/4 c. milk
2 c. blueberries with 1/2 c. sugar

Melt the butter in a deep baking bowl or dish (I use my largest Pyrex mixing bowl). Make a batter of 1 c. sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and milk. Pour batter into the middle of the butter. Do not stir. Toss the blueberries with 1/2 c. sugar and add to the middle of the batter. Do not stir. Bake one hour at 350, or until crust is done (it took about 1 1/2 hours today). The crust will rise to the top.

Delicious warm with a scoop of ice cream, but it also makes a fantastic breakfast as a cold leftover.

No comments:

Post a Comment