Saturday, April 16, 2011

Creamy Burrito Casserole: A Smash Hit!

After a couple GP ladies tried this off of my own blog and raved about it, I knew I had to put it on here.  It's really easy, and so yummy.  Definitely the perfect comfort food.   It doesn't really look pretty, so I apologize for that, but you have to try it to know it's wonderfulness.



I originally got this recipe off of Food.com.   You can find it here.  As always, I've adapted it a bit to suit our own taste and to try and cut a few calories from this otherwise caloric monster.  Sometimes those calories are worth it though.   Here are the ingredients I use....otherwise the directions are the same from Food.com.

Ingredients
1lb of lean ground beef
1 small red onion (more flavor!)
1 package of taco seasoning
1 package of Mission Fat Free Heart Healthy Whole Wheat Tortillas (that was a mouthful)
1 can fat free refried beans (or make your own!)
2-3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
1 can Fit and Active Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 cup of light sour cream

Enjoy!

-Chef Val

No comments:

Post a Comment