Happy Mardi Gras... a day late?! :) I don't even notice these holidays that I used to classify as "drinking holidays" anymore **blush** does that mean I'm getting old??
Oh well... I'm not sure I mentioned it before but I've started meal planning and this is my first week - if you care to check out my weekly menus, they can be found here on my personal blog. Today was the a new recipe - Chicken Fiesta Salad (which was originally scheduled for Friday but a little mishap of choosing two meat/rice dishes in a row just didn't work for my hubby so we switched a few days around.). I've never made this before but I found it here and it turned out really well!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 package fajita seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 package mixed salad greens
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- Rub chicken evenly with 1/2 the fajita seasoning. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the chicken 8 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, mix beans, corn, salsa and other 1/2 of fajita seasoning. Heat over medium heat until warm.
- Prepare the salad by tossing the greens, onion and tomato. Top salad with chicken and dress with the bean and corn mixture.
As far as a wine pairing, I got the recipe from Allrecipes.com and they suggest a Sauvignon Blanc, which I didn't have a bottle of but I imagine would most definitely pair well!