London Broil was on sale this week, 1/2 off, so I bought one. Normally I prefer flank steak because it's much more tender, but for the price, this couldn't be beat! I got the original recipe from Food Network, it's actually a Dave Lieberman recipe. Super easy, quick, and very tasty. The meat came out very tender, and only took about 15min to cook. We served it with some cheesy broccoli and caramelized onions and leaks.
- 1 2lb london broil
- about 1T olive oil
- about 2T Worcestershire sauce
- 2 T chili powder
- 1T dried oregano
- 1T sweet paprika
- 1 T garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 15 grinds black pepper
- Combine chili powder, oregano, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper in small bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Drizzle 1/2T olive oil over 1 side of the meat. Rub in. Drizzle 1 T Worcestershire sauce over same side, and rub in. Repeat on other side of meat.
- Sprinkle about 1/2 the dry rub on side 1 of the meat, and rub to coat generously. Repeat on side 2.
- Refrigerate about 4 hours.
- Remove meat about 30min prior to cooking to let it warm up a bit. Heat a grill pan on the stove over medium-high. Cook about 6min per side, for medium rare. Let it rest for 10min before slicing at an angle, against the grain.
P.S. I totally stole this picture from the Food Network website because I forgot to take my own. Oops!
~ Pastry Princess