Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Cheesy Meatloaf

Why is my name Vino Vixen? Don't ask me!!! I always seem to have the WRONG wine to pair with what I'm cooking?!?! Grrr. 

Tonight, I was craving a good old' comfort food meatloaf! And since my husband would totally DIE if our dinner didn't include massive amounts of cheese, I hope you will enjoy our Cheesy Venison Meatloaf!

Ingredients:
  • 2 lbs Venison (beef or turkey can be substituted as well)
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup ketchup - plus enough to drizzle on top to taste
  • 1/2 cup Velveeta, cubed
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp of your favorite seasoning salt (we use Squirrely Beaver Seasoning  - not sure if you can get that everywhere though - Johnny's works great too) 
  • salt and pepper to taste
All prepared and ready to cook!
 Directions:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Mix all ingredients in mixing bowl except ketchup & brown sugar
  3. Grease pan and push 1/2 mixture into bottom of pan
  4. Spread ketchup down the middle of meat mixture
  5. Push remaining meat mixture down into pan
  6. Spread brown sugar over top and drizzle ketchup on top to taste
  7. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour
So yummy and right out of the oven!
 Depending on how you like your meatloaf, you can do this meal a few different ways. You can eat it straight out of the pan, OR how I like mine - slice a few pieces out of the loaf and fry them on medium heat in a lightly greased fry pan until the sides are slightly browned. From there you can either eat them between two pieces of toast (GREAT the next day for leftover meatloaf sammy's!) or just plain with garlic bread and a salad... or just wine! :)

YUM!
I imagine this should probably be paired with a hearty Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon but alas... I had Chardonnay - so it works for tonight! :) 

Until next time... Cheers!!!

~Vino Vixen~

No comments:

Post a Comment