That is all... really :)
This recipe came to my e-mail inbox from my daily recipe from Allrecipes.com and I included it in my meal plan this week cause the hubs loves gouda cheese. I use it whenever I get a chance. It turned out really good with a few variations that I've indicated below. I hope you enjoy!
- 2 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (2 1/4 inch thick) center-cut, bone-in pork chops
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, bacon, parsley, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
- Lay the chop flat on cutting board, and with a sharp knife held parallel to the board, cut a pocket into the pork, going all the way to the bone, but leaving the sides intact.
- Stuff cheese mixture into pocket, and close with a wooden toothpick. Brush meat with oil, and season with salt and more black pepper.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes on each side, or until pork is done. Careful not to overcook!
**I noticed after a few minutes that the cheese started to melt and ooze out so I seared in the grill marks and then finished off in the oven for about 15-20 minutes on 350 degrees to keep all the cheese contained.**
Tonight we paired with Pyramid IPA beer :) YUM! But Allrecipes.com recommends a Resiling and they are usually spot on with what they suggest. I hope you enjoy!